Dialog from the movie Titanic:
Jack: Well‚ yes‚ ma’am‚ I do… I mean‚ I got everything I need right here with me. I got air in my lungs‚ a few blank sheets of paper.
I mean‚ I love waking up in the morning not knowing what’s gonna happen or‚ who I’m gonna meet‚ where I’m gonna wind up.
Just the other night I was sleeping under a bridge and now here I am on the grandest ship in the world having champagne with you fine people.
I figure life’s a gift and I don’t intend on wasting it. You don’t know what hand you’re gonna get dealt next. You learn to take life as it comes at you… to make each day count.
Rose: To Making it Count (raising her glass)
All: To making it count! Today I share some good starting points to be prepared when building your business. This is mostly offline‚ but you also want to be thinking about this online as well. Check out point 8 for that.
- Start the day with a strong anticipation that you will have opportunities to share today. Plan the day use some kind of calendar and write appointments down. This sounds like a no brainer‚ but if I don’t get it into a calendar‚ its really easy to forget because there is so much going on.
- Keep you eyes and ears open as you go through your day‚ it might actually come from a direction that you don’t expect. I often get phone calls or e-mails from people I have not heard from or I find new ways to do things just by listening and paying attention.
- Make sure and also be open to places where you frequent often‚ people are watching you‚ especially if you have already exposed them to the business. Make sure I am willing to do business‚ that sounds funny but there is something inside that May be not so open to new ways to do things.
- Be prepared‚ have you materials‚ hand-outs or samples with you‚ I have a great little newsletter that is attractive and easy to carry. It never fails if I don’t bring business cards with me or my cell I will meet someone that I wish I had it for. It just doesn’t leave the same impression to write on a scrap of paper!
- Do it in front of people‚ be an example‚ if you have told others about your product‚ then have it with you‚ use it in front of people. Like I have a great energy drink that comes in convenient little tubes‚ I open it pour it into water shake it‚ and it makes this very interesting green drink‚ always gets a comment or two! If you are proud of your product‚why not be using it in front of people‚ they will ask‚ its easier than being a salesman!
- Listen‚ and ask questions‚ be interested in others‚ they like to talk about themselves and then you find out what their needs are‚ and you just might find something that you can help them with‚ then I say “Would you like to do something about that?” I always try to be really interested in people‚ be more about finding out about them than telling all about me and my product.
- I use a sample of my product and a business card (this can be online as well) as part of the tip. I then make sure I have my server’s name. I try to get that same server at least twice‚ then I approach them on my business. Waiters love this. Well only if you don’t go cheap on the tip‚ they still need to get that. The sample is a bonus!
- Funnel and Keep Your Prospects In The Loop. This one is probably the most key of all of them. If you don’t have a way to capture their name and e-mail and keep in touch how can you know when they are ready to move with it. It is something every serious online marketer really needs! And Don’t I repeat Don’t leave money on the table. So Use a combination of Affiliate funnel and your primary! Learn the skills and learn how to leverage your time.
Most of these can be adapted to online. I use a funnel to capture my leads! Life isn’t convenient‚ there will always be obstacles so when you are prepared with the above points you are always doing business. Here are some thoughts about not just waiting until it is convenient.
To Your Abundant Success!!
If You Find This Of Value Please Share!